The Advisory Board was reviewing the “many blessings” the soup kitchen received during and after the holidays — blessings in the form of donors. Thanks to them, Interim Director Mike Pilat noted, 3,665 meals were served in December. The hungry included 2,566 adults, 806 senior citizens, and 293 children.
Board Chair Darren Woods made special note of a group involved in a Christmas food drive. General Contractor Michael Bonacci of Whitesboro organized the drive, collecting $1,500 in foodstuffs and money to provide hot holiday meals to families and individuals in need. Joining him in donating were:
- New York State Tool, Chadwicks, NY.
- Waterman Woodworking, Rome, NY.
- Generations 4 Recycling, Austin, TX.
- Madonia Electric, Clinton, NY.
- Mirasou Safety, Whitesboro, NY.
- Norm’s Service Center, Whitesboro, NY.
- Hill Electric, 8 Christopher Circle, New Hartford, NY.
- Nester Brothers Contractors, Clinton, NY.
- Clinton Tractor & Implement Co. Clinton. NY,
- Doreen Engelhart, One Realty Partner, Whitesboro, NY.
- Jay-K Lumber Co., New Hartford, NY.
- Kevin & Sue Hill, Whitesboro, NY.
- Richard & Grace Presk, New Hartford, NY.
- Erie Materials, Marcy, NY.