In the wake of the cancellation of the 2021 March St. Patrick’s Day Parade, the Parade Special Events Committee, Croubh Dugan-O’Looney and Adorino Contruction have decided to move forward with their annual non-perishable food item collection (usually held during the parade) to benefit Mother Marianne’s West Side Kitchen.
This decision was made to continue the collection because it can be done safely and hunger never stops, even when public gatherings do. The collection runs February 26 to March 20 at the following locations:
- Irish Cultural Center of Mohawk Valley, 623 Columbia Street, Utica, Thursday – Saturday 4-10 p.m.
- Chanatry’s, 485 French Road, Utica, 7 a.m.-9 p.m. daily
- Fahy Kitchens & Baths, 1908 Oriskany Street West, Utica, M-F 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Yahnundasis Golf Club, 8639 Seneca Turnpike, New Hartford, W-F 12 – 8 p.m., Sat 4-8 p.m.
- Atlas Full Service Gas Station, 915 Mohawk St., Utica, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. daily
Please pay close attention to the specific hours of the collection locations.
The programming committee of the Irish Cultural Center of Mohawk Valley will be hosting a parade event in March 2021 – please stay tuned for details.
If you would rather remain distant, you may donate to Mother Marianne’s West Side Kitchen directly by going to https://www.gofundme.com/f/mother-marianne039s-west-side-kitchen. Please tag your donation by adding USPDP to your last name upon donating. (USPDP stands for Utica St. Patrick’s Day Parade.) If you would like to contribute via a check, please call (315) 725-4308 for instructions.
Thank you for your time and consideration for being part of this annual event that many Uticans count on.
Interested in hosting a drop off site? Call (315) 725 -4308.
For instant updates please visit the Utica Saint Patrick’s Day Parade Facebook page.